Saturday, June 18, 2011

Waiting for Grandma!

The Magnificent Peony
"The traditional floral symbol of China, the state flower of Indiana, and the 12th wedding anniversary flower, peonies are known as the flower of riches and honor. With their lush, full, rounded bloom, peonies embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage."~google search~

It's as though a few of these magical flowers waited for me to capture their essence. When I see photographs of them on other blogs, their beauty captures my attention for quite some time. It is a flower that I cannot grow in Florida and I miss them so. Most of the peonies had gone by, but this one bush in front of my daughter's house had a few remaining gems, although most a bit tattered. The light was perfect as there was no bright sun to interfere with their capture. I was in photo heaven. 
Later, Sophie and I cut a few and brought them in the house to enjoy. Sophie is a delightful child and is definitely her grandma's shadow. She loves to write and we talked about her starting a blog of her own. She keeps a journal and reading it for me, is quite a treat. It is amazing what a nine year old, observes today! It will be strictly monitored and I can't wait to see the world thru her eyes and what a great learning experience this will be for her. She will post once or twice a week as not to interfere with school and other activities. I will share with all of you a link when it is done. Her world is wispy, willowy and loaded with fun, like that of a sweet peony. I pray to God, that he grants her filters of common sense and good judgement as she is truly a free spirit with the ability to soar a little to quickly sometimes. It is the world of a nine year old filled with beauty, dreams, puppies and fairytales. Can't wait to get started. Have a wonderful day!




Pin It!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful, mine are starting to opening also. Is this a photograph or have you painted it!?! Both ways it is gorgeous.

hootnonny said...

This looks like a painting, Rosemary! Love the feel of it. Am looking forward to reading Sophie's posts; am glad she is journaling.

Lisa Gordon said...

I look forward to seeing her blog Rosemary. I think it is always so wonderful to be able to see things through the eyes of a young person.
As always, you work her is just beautiful.

Have a great weekend my friend!

Gail Dixon said...

Aww, Rose, I'm excited to read the new blog. What a treat for you, too! Your peony is beautiful.

Lisa Gordon said...

Just stopping back to say thank you for sharing this at The Creative Exchange Rosemary!
Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Sara said...

First time visitor and I just had a look at your Flickr album. You have beautiful photos.
Sounds like you have a wonderful and intelligent granddaughter too.

Pat said...

This is a beautifully processed image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...