Monday, June 20, 2011

Moments Remembered!

Sweet Moments
"Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of their character, though few can decipher even fragments of their meaning."     ~Lydia M. Child~
We enjoyed Father's Day, yesterday with family at my brother-in-laws, gorgeous home. 
Jo Ann, his wife loves to garden and their yard exploding with precious treasure. My father-in-law and myself meandered about the gardens as I shot some photos, Dad was asking questions about some of the foliage and flowers in bloom. These precious few moments I spent with him, will be forever etched in my memory! He is such a kind and gentle man. 
Jo Ann, had cut these peonies earlier in the day and their fragrance filled the kitchen with a sweet perfume. I had never realized the power of their aroma, before yesterday. It reminded me of something or someone from my childhood, but I can't quite put my finger on it. 
Almost spent, their beauty still worthy of my instrument of capture. 
Once again, I have been fortunate enough to enjoy the splendor of these flowers, they delight my senses and speak to my soul. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! 
Have a wonderful day! 

Pin It!

4 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

So beautiful. Sounds like a wonderful place to be!

Tricia said...

Oh, those are some beauties. It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Charlotte Wilson said...

I am so glad that you had a good day. I have seen so many pretty photos of peonies lately....must go out and get one. :o)
Have a lovely week.

charlotte

Nancy said...

We both had peonies on the mind today, didn't we? They are such a special and fragrant flower.

You are so fortunate to still be able to spend time with your dad. Hope you are having a splendid evening, Rosemary! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...