Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Coincidences!

Coincidences
"Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous."~unknown~
I have always loved this quote and my very dear friend Nancy, did it for me in calligraphy and framed it as a present many years ago. It has remained in my home in a prominent place and I still read it from time to time, mainly because it rings so true. Nancy also hand wrote the words, I've Joined the Crew!, on the above birth announcement! I had designed some coloring books, invitations and birth announcements and had a small business called Whittle People & Company. It was long before home computers and I even used rub on letters for the baby stats above. A little crooked, as you can see. I would then take the originals to the printer and have them printed for sale.
What does any of this have to do with Allicyn Jayne, the baby mentioned above, you ask?
Recently, Nancy asked me where my future daughter-in-law, grew up and what was her last name. When I answered, she screamed very excited. Rose, Rose, I worked with her mom, many years ago for a very long time. I gave one of the birth announcements, that you designed to Allicyn, and entered her birth information, as a baby gift. Wow!
When I spoke to Allicyn and her mom about this, they were amazed. The birth announcement that I designed, hung in Allicyn's room for the first five years of her life. She and her mom dug it out and sent a photo of it to me, via cell phone. I did some touching up in photoshop as it had faded and my name not very clear. I designed this around 1980. 
We just love this beautiful, bright young woman and are so honored that she will part of our family. Do you believe in fate? Gosh I sure do, it is all just meant to be!
 

Pin It!

2 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Love that quote! The birth announcement is so colorful and creative. This coincidence definitely sounds like a God thing to me. I love when that happens. :)

Kathleen said...

I am always awed at God's work. I have had this same experience so many times that I know no longer question who is running my life!
We are happy for you and your family. The wedding will be great I just know it.
Kathy and Wayne
P.S. when do you come back? Miss you all!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...