Friday, June 17, 2011

Back to Your Roots!

No Roll, No Toll
I think I should start a grassroots organization called, "No Roll, No Toll." For  eleven hundred miles not one toll booth, with no delays, as soon as we hit the, New Jersey Turnpike, right thru New York into Connecticut, you are toll boothed to death. We paid a total of $28.80 in tolls for some of the most congested, dangerous stretch of road you can imagine. Where does all that money go? As far as I can tell it certainly doesn't go into pothole repair. The traffic was moving over the GW Bridge, ever so slowly, stopping at times. As luck would have it, we were right behind a stink tank carrying three porta-potties, with no lane to cross into, I prayed he did not have to slam on his brakes! We won't even discuss, Frumpy the Clown, navigating an ice cream truck!
If you have ever heard that New York drivers are the worst, you have heard correct and not a cop around for miles and miles. These people are still playing bumper cars and have the dents to prove it. They fly out of an exit and cross over two lanes without looking and then slow down right in front of you! Yikes! I am not a good passenger and think I suffer from what I call, passenger tourettes. I have now dubbed my husband, King of the Road, he got us here safely.
OK, now that I got that off my AAA chest, it was a wonderful welcome home. The children are all thriving and lots of hugs and kisses were passed around. Max and Daisy were also ecstatic to see us! Got to get my grandma roller skates on, the girls already have some craft projects picked out and Mike needs some help decorating his new man cave. To be fifteen again! What does all this have to do with a Lacecap Hydrangea? Nothing, they are everywhere here and I love them so and thought you might enjoy them too.
It's great to be here and we look forward to a wonderful summer. Have a great day!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

I am enjoying your hydrangeas, but your travel nightmares made me chuckle. Hope that's okay. :) "passenger tourettes" - love that!! I have that all the time when my husband drives.

Unknown said...

I love hydrangeas and just bought few to the pots, so beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...