Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's All In How You Carry Yourself!

Stand Up Straight...
So we made it to Florence, South Carolina, about 650 miles north of Fort Myers. The Prince of Karaoke, sang oldies all the way up and I was jotting down some ideas for a post. The funny thing about retirement is that you learn some interesting things about yourself. Will, discovered he can sing and I discovered I can write. Who would have thunk it??? Sounds like a song title doesn't it! "He can Sing and She can write." Putting words to music, now that's a dangerous area I wish to take no part of. 
We stopped for breakfast in North Port, Florida and later stopped in St. Mary's, GA for lunch. I went to grab my purse and it was no where to be found. I panicked! Oh my goodness I must have left it at the breakfast. I looked one more time and it had fallen behind the seat and lodged itself under some golf clubs. Still shaking, I breathed a sigh of relief. What a terrible feeling! 
As we sat for lunch, enjoying our artery clogging morsels, The Karaoke Prince, accidentally spilled a giant glass of coke filled with ice, across the table right into my waiting lap. After the purse incident it was actually quite refreshing and luckily my food remained dry. A kind young man rushed some napkins over to me. I thanked him, but knew the ladies room was in order.
So how does a pleasantly plump, sixty three year old woman, attract the attention of five handsome, construction workers and stop them, mid bite into their burgers? Yes, that is correct, they were between me and the ladies room and had not witnessed the incident. Now do I have to describe to you what I looked like, coca cola from the who-ha down? Attitude, I thought, I will just have to hold my head up high, suck it in, stand up straight and fluff my AAA chest! Just like it didn't matter and in the big scheme of things it really doesn't. I believe it's all in how you carry yourself! I just whizzed on by! Not even a snicker, or at least not one that I could hear! That is the nice part of being my age, who cares, it's not like they were going to call a urologist or better yet a nursing home. Thirty years ago I probably would have crawled into a hole and not come out. It's all in a day's fun and the Prince, is still apologizing. Wonder what he will sing for me today? He is just so darn cute!
We hope to make it north of DC, today and then on to the black diamond trail of the Northeast Corridor! Wonder if I brought a raincoat, it could come in handy in more ways than one.  Have a wonderful day!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my, Rosemary. I think we've all had a time or two where we'd rather just disappear! It takes courage to do what you did. So proud of you! :)

Gail Dixon said...

First of all that flower photo is so striking! I think the color is my favorite thing about it.

Yes, the one good thing about aging is that you care less what others think. It's such a freeing feeling.

Hope you have a delightful stay in SC!

Charlotte Wilson said...

Rosemary,
Thanks for the laugh!! You are so funny. The good part of being older is that people don't really look at you anymore and even if they do, I don't care. It is called freedom at last.Ha!
Your flower is so beautifully photographed and processed.
Take care

Kathy said...

That state run nursing home is looking good...

Anonymous said...

laughed out loud...tears streaming...cat wondering what set me off THIS time! Joe Caulkins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...