Thursday, June 16, 2011

Homewood Bound!

On The Road Again 

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."~Charles Kuralt~



How true is this quote! This also applies from south to north, as well. As far as highways go I have to say that 95 is pretty darn boring. North Carolina, however gets my award for the most well manicured state, so far. There were many unique flowering trees and long stretches of yellow lilies planted in oblong beds all along the highway. Very nice to view at 70MPH.
The journey was uneventful yesterday, no lost purses and spilt drinks to report. The Prince of Karaoke still singing and I'm still writing. The only hairy part of the ride thus far, was going thru DC. The roads are still under construction on 495 and our GPS, named Tywanda was going crazy. I think she was as confused as we were, but her job well done in the end.

We stayed in Elkton, Maryland last night and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Elkton is about twenty minutes from where we need to pick up the, New Jersey Turnpike, later this morning! 
I am very excited to see my children tonight and have a relaxing dinner with them. Did I say relaxing? Oh well it certainly won't be boring! My little Sophia, does not know that Grandma and PaPa will be home tonight and she will be the most excited! Max and Daisy, the family pets will be most excited to see PaPa, he feeds them treats every chance he gets. I'll bet he sings to them too, when no one is listening, he just loves those darn dogs.
Have a wonderful day!







Pin It!

2 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Love the name of your GPS...it reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes. :)

The quote is so apt! Everyone is in such a hurry to get where they're going. There's no just enjoying the journey anymore, is there?

Love the flower photo. What is it?

Lisa Gordon said...

I am ashamed to say that I once circled DC on 495 for almost 2 hours, and never realized I was doing so. I should have had Tywanda with me!!

This is a gorgeous photograph Rosemary. Such wonderful rich colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...