Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Great Escape!

Air Drying
Run On Water
There he was standing at the water's edge all proud, while air drying his massive wings in the warmth of the setting sun. Let's just say that birds make a statement here in Florida, their size alone captivating. Their playful antics, sometimes outrageous, sometimes amusing and most of the time just pure entertainment. 
The golf cart expedition, with hubby as chauffeur began around seven PM, after dinner at the Pub. We met a couple who told us that there were sand hill cranes over on the second hole. These beautiful birds have eluded us for three days now. Once again they remained elusive. We did however, manage to capture this skittish anninga bird. I approached him cautiously with camera to eye, sure of my footing as a large expanse of grass lay before me. The click of the shutter spooked him into a great escape and he literally ran a top of the water. I think I captured his unanticipated exit well. He dove down deep, with only his head visible above water, after a few seconds. Looks like more drying time may have been in order. 
I think that we shall never tire of the awesome show that Mother Nature, provides us well, on a daily basis. It is all there for the viewing. In search of the elusive cranes today. Hope to bring you those photos tomorrow!!! Have a wonderful day!

Pin It!

9 comments:

Linda said...

wow - you caught these shots just at the right moment!! Great!

Gail Dixon said...

That pesky shutter button! It has scared off many a bird for me, too. I have never seen or even heard of this type of bird. They are so majestic looking! Especially with the wingspan. Hopefully you will see the sandhill cranes soon and bring us some photos!

Wusel's... said...

Thank you SO much!
Your comment made me smile from ear to ear.
I really feel honored that you like what I do. I'm sure you've seen and experienced so much in your life that it makes me absolutely thrilled that YOU enjoyed viewing my blog.
:-)
:-))
:-)))

Nancy said...

Wonderful captures of a very unique and unusual bird, Rosemary! You'd think they'd come up with a quieter clicker on these fancy cameras. :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful bird shot, in first shot can see so beautiful wings.

Tricia said...

Oh, you got some nice photos there. That's too bad the camera had to go and frighten him away. You'll have to keep your eyes peeled for another chance ;)

Charlotte Wilson said...

Wonderful capture, Rosemary! I wonder how National Geographic photographers deal with the camera shutter noise. Maybe you need to get a longer lens like Louisiana Belle's 400mm. :o)

Lisa Gordon said...

What a magnificent bird, and you have captured it so beautifully Rosemary!

hootnonny said...

Love these, Rosemary! Maybe those sand hill cranes will materialize if you keep stalking them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...