Friday, June 3, 2011

My Third Trimester!

Full Term 90
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday Dear Rose, Happy Birthday to me! Yeah!!!
Three years ago, upon turning sixty, there were many changes in my life. My husband had recently retired and a new chapter in our lives had just begun. I called this new phase, My Third Trimester of Life, fully expecting ninety to be full term. Maybe with any luck, I'll be a little over due. I consider this final trimester to be the most exciting in many ways and with that, my Bucket List grows longer with every new event accomplished. With no grandiose expectations, I embrace each new experience with gratitude, for the gift of health and the means to achieve our goals. The dress rehearsal over!
Why the photo above? Well I just liked it. I had fully planned to take a photo of my new exercise gismo, which has been sitting in a box since, February. You think I would have learned by now, that unless they send me the little guy who demonstrates it on TV, it probably not going to happen!
Since I'm in a fun mood today, I would like to share with you some things I have learned over the years: 

(not in any chronological order, however!)
I can drive anywhere as long as there are no cars on the road; 

ice takes up to much room in a glass of wine; 
I can drink wine without a glass; 
never let life's collectibles keep me bondage; 
I have the rest of my life to mature; 
children are like pigeons, just throw them some popcorn and see what happens; 
not to attend my own pity party for to long;
 control top panty hose constricts my state of well being; 
I can't fix people, I can only set an example; 
to put my enemies on a karma bus and expect the universe to navigate; 
I have got to figure how to get a snickers bar into a feeding tube; 
without my glasses I look 10 years younger; 
never to take directions from someone who knows where they are going; 
to know it, is to google it; 
you have truly arrived when you can travel with only a carry on; 
the trick to getting older is not to die; 
prayer is not always a formal verse; 
find a saint that is not to popular, he can get your request to God, sooner; 
watch out for squirrels with great smiles, my friend threw her teeth up on the highway; 
if you really want to know how you look, ask your daughter; 
a true friend tells you if you have a rogue hair on your chin; 
men can drive cross country, but get lost in a mall parking lot; 
children are blessings, grand children are miracles; 
nothing is more important than family;
birthdays are just a number;
to experience beyond my comfort zone;
to let the small stuff go, it won't matter in 10 years;
love begets love; positive attracts positive and so it goes on...........
My Birthday Wish, a wonderful day for all of you! Got to take a nap now!


Pin It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday Rosemary! Your thoughts...awe inspiring, as usual...thank you for all that you share....have a truly fabulous day!" Judy Robinson Gibson

Gail Dixon said...

Rose, I hope you have a beautiful birthday today!! You have blessed me so much with your witty and insightful posts. Out of the things you learned I loved "to put my enemies on a karma bus and expect the universe to navigate". Ha! LOVE THAT!

hootnonny said...

Happy Birthday Rose, It's great to have someone in the third trimester with me. Love looking at our age like that. Your wit cracks me up! I'll leave you with wisdom from a refrig magnet, "Age is just a number, mine is unlisted!)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the funniest person in our family!!!!! hehe I can't wait until u come home!!!!!!!!!!! :D Miss u ♥♥♥♥

Lisa Gordon said...

What a beautiful post.
Happy Birthday Rosemary!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...