Monday, June 6, 2011

Life is Just a Bowl of Roses!

Life is Just a Bowl of Roses
"Rose Colored Glasses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams."
~Ann Landers~
Despite the harsh realities of life, of which I am well aware, I do believe we all need those rose colored glasses at times to see life in a softer light! Do you remember as a child being told to, stop day dreaming? Get with the program! Get your head out of the sand! Wake up and smell the coffee! You can't have your cake and eat it too! Life is not a bowl of cherries! You are such a Pollyanna! Blah, Blah, Blah!
Well folks I have to tell you as an adult, I want my cake and I want to eat it too! I love to wake up and smell the coffee! Sometimes my head needs to be in the sand by choice, there are some things I really don't want to know! I love to day dream, some of my best ideas have been born in this space! Whose program was I ever supposed to get with anyway??? 
As far as cherries go, just don't digest the pits! Pollyanna, has now been upgraded to 
Polly-Nanna, a title I wear with pride!
With all the negative rubbish that floats our way on a daily basis we need to wear rose colored glasses to keep visions of sugarplums, puppies, rainbows and dreams, coming our way! 
It is our right to be happy and it is our choice, whether to sleep on a bed of roses or a bed of nails! Rose colored glasses come in all sizes and strengths, I suggest you try a pair! 
"I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams."~Jonas Salk~
Posted to the Creative Exchange: http://www.lgordonphotography.com/http://mcdougallphotography.blogspot.com

Pin It!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosemary....awesome blog post today....much enjoyed and taken to heart! Thank you,
Sweet Friend and Wise Lady....your words went deep into my soul! Fantastic processing
of this lovely bowl of dried rosebuds! Hope you have a wonderful week full of joy!
~Mary Lou

Gail Dixon said...

Excellent advice, Rose! And I love that quote by Ann Landers. I always enjoyed reading her column. Hope you have a wonderful week wearing your rose-colored glasses. :)

Linda said...

what a beautiful and creative way to show roses!

hootnonny said...

Happiness is a choice...love that and it is so true! I have a pair of rose colored glasses and enjoy wearing them now and again! Have yourself a rose-colored week!

Nancy said...

Awesome post, Rosemary. I agree there are times when I just want to shut my eyes and my mouth and let others deal with whatever drama is going around.

Love your photos and your words. :)

Charlotte Wilson said...

Rosemary,
You are a wise soul. I loved reading this post and the roses are so pretty in their unusual display.
I think the Dollartree has rose colored sun glasses. wouldn't hurt to try a pair.

Lisa Gordon said...

This is such a gorgeous photograph, and as always, such a wonderful post. I am all for the rose-colored glasses from time to time!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange Rosemary.

Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Pat said...

Wonderful, thought-provoking post! A lovely image too!

Tricia said...

What a wonderful post and photo too. I've been feeling like I need a pair of rose-colored glasses lately :)

Kathy said...

Love it Mom, thank God I wear my rose colored glasses!!! Thanks to you and all your wisdom, I have learned it's not how many times they knock you down, its how many times you get back up... Love you!

Sara said...

This is wonderful! The flowers caught my eye as they are so beautiful but your writing touched my heart, so inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...