Thursday, March 31, 2011

Levity!

Levity
"My method is to take the utmost trouble to find the right thing to say, and then to say it with the utmost levity."~George Bernard Shaw~
"Derived from the Greek word “delphis,” meaning dolphin, delphinium are also commonly known as larkspur. These lush, dolphin-shaped flowers symbolize an open heart and ardent attachment and convey a feeling of lightness and levity."~google search~
I had always loved these gorgeous flowers in my garden up north. They can grow very tall and in groups surely become the focal point of any space.
Little did I realize their symbolism. Along with the quote I have chosen for today they help to convey an important point: 
So many of you reading this blog have many pressing issues in your lives and I truly understand that, having been there before. At this interval in my life, however, I am in a peaceful place and have chosen happiness. Grateful for that fact, I realize the importance of my words, know that they do not always come easy. My goal here is to make you smile and forget for a brief moment, trusting that everything will be OK. Keep an open heart, be ardent, try to find lightness and levity in any situation, it just might be the remedy to get you thru. Think I'm going to plant some delphinium today, hope they like sandy soil. Always looking for new inspiration to bring your way. Keep on smiling, yes keep on smiling until we meet again!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Gail Dixon said...

This is a positive place. I enjoy reading your quick bits of wisdom. I also appreciate your brevity. You have a great way of saying what needs to be said in as few words as possible. You have a gift, and I must say you use it well. Have a great day!

Oh! And thanks for the history of the beautiful delphinium. So interesting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...