Sunday, March 27, 2011

Such a Noble Flower!

Prejudices 
"Legend has it that Queen Anne, the wife of King James I, was challenged by her friends to create lace as beautiful as a flower. While making the lace, she pricked her finger, and it’s said that the purple-red flower in the center of Queen Anne’s Lace represents a droplet of her blood. Queen Anne’s Lace represents sanctuary, magic, trust, healing and steadfast love."~google search~
Pretty amazing history since this delicate flower is considered by many to be a roadside weed. For years I fought them back trying to control their vivacious appetite for space. I finally came to realize that mixed with my treasured hydrangeas they made the most beautiful filler flower. My arrangements took on that wispy feel that I so love. I then began to cultivate them appreciating them for who they are, my prejudices against them all but vanished. Once considered a weed, a general train of thought, was now my reliable and trusted friend, that made my arrangements whole. I do believe that looking beyond what we are told, experiencing for ourselves, other than what is perceived to be, can lead to extraordinary and lasting relationships, for any species! A little sanctuary in our hearts to store magic, trust and some healing love! Such a noble flower!

Pin It!

4 comments:

hootnonny said...

Such a pretty picture you've created. I too love Queen Anne's Lace. It grows abundantly here on the side of the roads. And you can dye them by putting food coloring in the water, which we do just to watch them change color.

Lisa Gordon said...

I love Queen Anne's Lace Rosemary, but never heard of its history!
Thank you for sharing!
I hope you've had a wonderful Sunday!

Gail Dixon said...

So that's Queen Anne's Lace! I think it's beautiful. Interesting legend behind it, too.

Isn't it interesting that once we really get to know something our dislike of it can vanish? I recently had that experience with the lowly Mesquite tree. Once I learned all the good it can do and did for early settlers, I saw it in a whole new light. We can apply this same principle to people, I'm convinced. :)

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love queen Anne's lace too. I would like some for my garden. Its pretty with so many other flowers. Especially cut flowers. I think its nice to have wild flowers in with garden flowers. Who says whats a weed and what is not?????
I leave the dandylions in the Spring because they are so bright and look great with violets.
Janice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...