Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life is Good!

Life is Good!
"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good."~Helen Keller~
We were eleven strong and marched together to represent our community, Lake Fairways! Our caravan left the community at 6:00 AM for the one hour journey south! My husband led the pack!
My friend Mary, flew in from Massachusetts to do the race with us. Her mom passed from breast cancer, and for her the race has deep personal meaning. 
The sign above served it's purpose well, we always knew our group was not so far ahead and we were not so far behind. It was carried by our dear friend John, who was relentless in his mission to represent us well. I might mention that John is very secure in his masculinity, to carry such a sign. What a great guy! 
There were five great guys who walked with our group and six beautiful women. Three of which are survivors.
How can I possibly express my gratitude to these wonderful people, other than to say the memory of this day will live forever in my heart! Thank You! Life is Good!

Pin It!

1 comment:

hootnonny said...

Real men eat quiche and wave pink feathered signs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...