Monday, February 7, 2011

Nurtured Love!






Love
Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. ~Martin Buxbaum~
This photo is shown to you with the upmost respect.
I took this photo in Huatulco, Mexico on a tour of the countryside. We were invited into the home of a typical, Mexican family. They farmed the land and several generations lived on the property. We were first greeted by two small children, dressed in their Sunday best, who allowed me to photograph them. The family had prepared refreshments for us and explained their lives on a daily basis. 
This weathered old woman caught my attention. I pointed to the camera, she understood and nodded yes. She stood upright and proud as I tried to capture her spirit. She gently smiled as I let her view my take. I told her she was very beautiful in the very little Spanish that I know.
Her family explained that she was 94 years of age and could barely see or hear.
Just remarkable I thought, this gentle old woman in her humble surroundings was probably the wealthiest person I had ever come across. Four generations forward, stood beside her and treated her with such dignity and respect.
Her physical beauty had vanished by our standards, but her heart, now there lives, the cherished seeds of love! Her family the proof of my observations!

Pin It!

1 comment:

hootnonny said...

Lovely story and image, Rosemary. Just imagine how much love she's shared in her 94 years!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...