Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Kind Word, A Smile!

Underestimation!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia~
I just looooooooove this quote! My niece told me once that she went on to get her Masters Degree, because of me! I was shocked to say the least. I asked her what it was, I said that was so profound??? "What are you waiting for," was my statement. Well it definitely sounds like something I would say and I don't doubt that I said it, but wow! Today she is a research scientist, because she is a really smart young woman who just needed a little push! A small act of caring on my part!

With all the negativity in this world how could any one of us change the way things are? 
I say, a kind word, a simple smile, a touch or pat on the back, a listening ear, a honest compliment from each of us to another, on a daily basis can multiply and flood the world with inner peace. Idealistic maybe, but in the process, we are going to feel a whole lot better!
Prescription for the day, try all of the above frequently, it's free for the giving!


The photo above was taken by, Gail Dixon. She is featuring an editing contest on this picture from her blog. The original is a little dark and she put it out there for anyone to correct and edit. The rules were simple, just do what you want to it. I knew I could handle that. Will be entering my edited version as soon as I finish up this post. Will let you know the results.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

Rosemary -
Beautiful post, and fantastic work on this!!
Love it!

Gail Dixon said...

Wonderful use of texture!! Great job on the edit!! I also enjoyed thoroughly your write-up. Most times it IS the little things. Hope many people read this and take your prescription. Hope you have a great week ahead. Thank you so much for playing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...