Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love & Devotion!

Love & Devotion
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. ~Henry Van Dyke~
This ring was given to my Mom by my Dad on their 45th wedding anniversary. They were joined in marriage on June 1st, 1945, Dad passed on March 27th, 2003. If my math is correct that is a total of fifty eight years. In this age of drive thru marriages, their life together served as a legacy of love and devotion to all who knew them.
The ring pictured above was entrusted to me by my Mom. In fact, I am wearing it right now, not something I wear very often. After all it is the month of February, a month to celebrate the emotion of LOVE.
What the world needs now is love sweet love,
It's the only thing that there's just too little of.
What the world needs now is love sweet love,
no not just for some but for everyone. ~The Carpenters~

In lieu of recent events let us not get this tune out of our heads.
I love you Mom and Dad, thanks for sacrificing, enduring and working issues thru. You have taught us that love is not perfect but that true love conquers all!
This picture was taken with my new 50mm lens. The perfect Valentine's Day Gift. Thanks honey, you are the only other diamond I'll ever need! (husband of 42 years, guess we learned from example).


Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww so sweet! and good job Uncle Will!!! lol

Cynthia said...

I can't tell you how much I love this! My Mom passed on when I was only 23 years old and I remember it like it was yesterday. She and my Dad were married 25 years and although he lived to be 73, he never remarried. He had found and lost his one true love, so thank you for making me think of those beautiful loving thoughts once again. I can tell you hold your family dear and the love you have to share is without bound. Thank you for sharing these deep thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...