Thursday, February 24, 2011

Experiences!


Really Grandma!
"Fill your life with as many moments and experiences of joy and passion as you humanly can. Start with one experience and build on it."~Marcia Wieder~
I for one, wish to be the kind of grand-mother who bestows experiences, rather than lavish gifts on her grand-children! Even if it means ramming it down their precious little throats!
Yesterday was that kind of day! I don't want to go, was the first comment, how long is this going to take, was the second and do they have ice cream was the third. 
I should have learned years ago, when I exposed them to  the ballet, (for that cultural adventure) and they wanted popcorn, that this experience stuff was not always going to be easy!
Get your ungrateful sorry little patutties in the car, I commanded! You are going to enjoy yourself if it's the last thing I ever do! Now, how's that for tough love? 
I can be a little Polly-nana-erish sometimes!
So off we go to the Babcock Wilderness Ranch for a Swamp Buggy Eco Adventure! 
Upon arrival the cashier asked if I had any coupons? When you don't have any, this is the worst possible question you can ask any senior in the State of Florida!!! Do you have any extras? NO! They were only a dollar, anyways, she said. There were nine of us. We always travel in packs. The great-grand-parents came along too. How special is that!
My enthusiasm remained intact although a bit wounded. Nine dollars, I could have saved nine dollars! I'll get over it soon, I just know I will!
Now I was in full picture taking mode and that brings out my Tywanda Gene. I will stop at nothing to get a window seat for a good photo opportunity and I did.
Look at my little Hannah, above absorbing all that knowledge, while I shot this photo. Now you can't put a price tag on that! Everyone had a blast and I was thanked numerous times along with PaPa. The great grand-parents treated us all for lunch and we are so blessed to have them with us. I do believe this was a day, we will long remember. 
The gift of experiences!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh, I LOVE it Rosemary!!!
And what a fantastic shot.
Priceless!!

Lisa said...

You are a grandma after my own heart. I was promoted to Nana in 2008 and completely agree with your philosophy. After reading your profile, I believe a subscription is in order. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...