Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sunzilla!

Giant Sunflower
This giant sunflower had to be at least twelve feet tall if not higher! Sunzilla is not a word that I made up, although I would like to own it! Googling giant sunflowers I came upon the fun name Sunzilla, of which I am sure the above blossom begs to own.
Awesome to view, I felt dwarfed in it's presence. There had to be at least thirty of these beauties in a patch at a local farm stand that we frequent, not one of them was staked. Strong, vibrant leaves grew off the stalks in random patterns creating amazing textures. 
Choosing to use my Auto Painter Express app, giving this lanky specimen a Van Gogh kind of feel. Hopefully I did Mr. Van Gogh proud? We are all familiar with his magnificent still life composed with sunflowers. 
Will have to check out the Sunzillas at the farm stand this week to see if they survived thru the storm. My guess would be that they did not, but then again we didn't loose power either! 
So thankful for all the little miracles!
Have a wonderful day!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Matteo Taffuri said...

Sunflower....I love it!
wonderful!
have a nice day
ciao
Matteo

Unknown said...

Beautiful sunflower and so big!

Gail Dixon said...

My, 12 feet tall is huge! That's a perfect portmanteau for this sunny beast. Love the Van Gogh treatment and I do think he'd be proud!

Ms. Becky said...

oh, I surely think you did Van Gogh proud!!! this is lovely. it would make a fine poster. happy day to you.

Tricia said...

Looks great. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers. I was just thinking that I show grow a giant patch of them next year :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...