Thursday, September 22, 2011

That Old Fashioned Look!

Say Cheese  
Have you ever seen those old fashioned wedding photos from the early 1900's where no one ever smiled? 
I have seen several photos of my grandparents and my husband's grandparents where everyone was stoned faced and quite frankly looked frightened or upset. It must have been the style back then or maybe the flash was so bright one had to brace themselves! 
Our parents generation, married in the forties, seem to smile more freely. 
I asked Chris and Allicyn to give me that serious face look. Allicyn did Ok, but look at Chris. There was no wiping that smile off his face and nothing I said seemed to help. Well, there was something I said but this is a family blog after all! So that look on Allicyn's face just may be a look of shock! I almost captured that early nineteen hundreds kind of feel, don't you think? Such a glorious day, enjoyed by all.
It went by way to quickly!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Haha! Boys will be boys! :)

deb duty said...

It does look like an old photo! It's amazing to me that they even had cameras so long ago even in the 1800s. I remember when I was a kid and read the Little House books, I was shocked to discover there were photos of the real life Ingalls family. But none of them were smiling. They didn't look as happy as the tv family!

Kim Stevens said...

I just LOVE this Rosemary!!! What a great, creative idea!

Tricia said...

I love this! That he's smiling and she isn't makes it even better :)

Gail Dixon said...

Haha, your son just could not contain his joy, could he? I like your idea of getting the old style pose. People back in the day looked unhappy in photos because they had to sit very still and pose for an agonizingly long time because of the slow shutter speeds of the camera. :) Hope that helps!

Reena said...

Very clever ... he's a happy guy cause he's got a gorgeous new wife!

hootnonny said...

Love this! You did a great job capturing the "era." I think the folks always looked so stern and sad is because of their corsets! At least the women...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...