Wednesday, September 21, 2011

We Interrupt This program...!

Public Health Announcement 
"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it."~Bill Cosby~
Ok, so I know there are many things in life worst than a colonoscopy but there are times when this being human stuff really sucks! Today is prep day! I've been thru this process once before and I can't tell you how fast five years went by. 
Supposedly I've got the good stuff this time. Think I heard that five years ago too! Not to be anal but when are one of those genius' going to come up with a better test? Going thru the double whammy, also having an endoscopy, scheduled at the same time. Yes, yes I've heard all the jokes!
Stocked up on jello, white grape juice no alcohol, and popcicles. Decided to skip the clear broth as it might be just to filling.
The one thing I have learned thru all of this is that everyone who has been there has a tip or two and it is unanimous that the prep is the worst part. So true!!! 

Bummer when the porcelain bowl is going to be your best friend for the next twenty four hours.
If you haven't had a colonoscopy in a while, I suggest you call your doctor, a statistic is definitely not what you want to be!



Pin It!

2 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Awww, I hope it goes well. My doctor has been after me for a couple years now to get a colonialism. Just can't make myself do it. Good luck!

hootnonny said...

Rosemary, we're on the same schedule here too! My colonic is scheduled for December. My favorite quote from you today: "Not to be anal..." You are a hoot!

Hope all comes out well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...