Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thoughts Of Fall!

Fall
"How bravely Autumn paints upon the sky
The gorgeous fame of Summer which is fled!"
~Thomas Hood~

Going thru some of my photos I came upon this lovely scene. I took this photo several weeks ago, loved the angle and view thru the porch. Captured at Westport Point, a very well established historic area of town. 
The day was a bit overcast with a fall like briskness in the air. I converted the photo to black and white, adding Kim Klassen's textures, Cracker Jack at soft light 67%, along with Autumn Burst, soft light at 72%. 
A pretty simple photoshop recipe for that impending kind of fall look. Needing a jacket this week as temperatures will drop to the low sixties. Falling leaves and cooler temps a sure sign of a new season to follow. Pouring today, off to breakfast with some friends, umbrella in tow. 
Posted to:
kimklassencafe

Pin It!

11 comments:

deb duty said...

What a beautiful scene and a lovely photo. I would love to spend some time on that porch. I love how your edit makes it look like an old photo. Nice job!

Kathryn Dyche said...

That porch looks so inviting, beautiful image.

EMily said...

Very nice! I love the angle and the lack of color evokes it's own emotions. Beautiful!

Gail Dixon said...

Love your photo. The perspective is amazing. Great texture work.

We are FINALLY cooling off here in Texas.

camelia danielescu said...

I like very much the perspective and the tones ! :)

Anonymous said...

Charming scene!

Lisa said...

Looks like paradise to me!

Unknown said...

Your texture work really made this beautiful home look so vinage! very nicely done!

hootnonny said...

It looks like fall! And here it feels like fall tonight!

Lisa Gordon said...

Rosemary, I think this is truly one of your very best.
Everything about it is perfection. Simply GORGEOUS!!

Unknown said...

So beautiful old house, love the porch and the landscape. I wish we had houses like this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...