Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gaggle, Google Or Geese!

Yikes, just a little chilly!
Honk, the Geese are in! Fall is sure to follow!
I know my cell phone is in here somewhere! Hello!
I think we should head south! The seagulls here are confused! Fresh water???
This place isn't so bad for a rest after all! 
Running wedding errands all day we drove thru the park on our way home. Wow, look at all the geese, lets stop. Hubby was all to willing, to bad he didn't have his fishing pole! 
I took over 150 shots so narrowing them down to a few of my favorites wasn't easy! 
Funny how a few hundred geese can keep me from doing what I am supposed to be doing! 
They were hysterical to watch, a little noisy and very territorial. 
There were ducks, white, brown and multi colored, Canadian Geese, seagulls and a few pigeons running amuck. Now I could google all of this and give you more accurate information but right now I'm just going for the visual. I think we were most surprised to see the seagulls in fresh water away from the ocean. Guess they have to find drinking water somewhere. Never thought about that much! 
Reminded me of my dad and how he would take rolls of film of the same jumping whale while on vacation and only a few of us children. Think I understand now dad, it is so easy to get carried away!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I saw a few local geese flying north the other day -- I felt like yelling at them "wrong way!", but I didn't. :)

Great shots and funny captions, Rosemary. Love the cell phone comment.

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday.

Gail Dixon said...

This morning it was so pleasant that I opened up the sunroof on my car to feel the cool breeze. As I sat at a stop light a gaggle of geese flew by, squawking all the way! I was hoping they wouldn't drop a surprise in my lap. :/

I'm like your dad also; I have more photos of animals and nature than I have of people. I'd like to change that one of these days.

Hope you have a great day!

Lisa Gordon said...

These are great shots Rosemary!
It's starting to look like fall there.

Ms. Becky said...

the light in these photos is fantastic. never mind the wonderful geese! I love that 3rd shot! I've been seeing geese flying overhead every which way. I love hearing the flap of their wings and their honking. they are definitely on the move. happy day to you Rosemary.

Linda said...

Wow!! These are just great!!

hootnonny said...

Awesome shots Rosemary. Hope he found his cell phone!

Reena said...

Love your shots, Rosemary. It is interesting to note the change in the behavior of the birds in my backyard. All the teens have left, hummers are almost gone.
There is a chill in the air.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...