Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Perfect Penmanship!

Scene 1
Scene 2
"The trees are God's great alphabet: With them He writes in shining green
Across the world His thoughts serene."
~Leonora Speyer~ 

I have driven down this familiar road in town many times always quite taken by the west branch of the river which runs along side it. A very scenic view dotted with water craft of all shapes and sizes. How is it then I totally missed this gorgeous tree of which I finally took notice? Not  particularly beautiful by gorgeous tree standards, but a tree of character, shaped by it's sometimes harsh environment, withstanding the test of time. 
Thank goodness for my instrument of capture allowing me to capture God's serenity, taking notice of His perfect penmanship! 
Loved both photos, could not make up my mind??? Enjoy!

Pin It!

6 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

I have always been drawn to the character of trees. This one is awesome! Can't decide which photo I like best; both are amazing.

Pammie Jane said...

I am so enjoying your recent photos and postings. The scenes are breathtaking!
I, too, have found things of 'character' (such as your tree) much more appealing to the senses...thanks for sharing.
Pam S.

hootnonny said...

Some times you can't see for looking!
Glad you finally opened your eyes. The image is terrific!

Lisa Gordon said...

These are wonderful Rosemary! I love the composition, and are you playing with some HDR?? :-)
Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Both absolutely amazing... I love the editing! That sky is jaw dropping beautiful & the rock wall adds even more character! WoW

Is that a barn there behind the tree? If so, swing by & link up this post to Barn Charm... I know the others would love to see it, too.

Happy week =)

Anonymous said...

YaY! You linked up... & I thank you oodles & gobs for doing so =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...