Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Secret to Inner Peace!

Inner Peace 153/365 
"As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery. We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness."~Dalai Lama~
These words are written by the Dalai Lama, they tell us that the key to happiness is inner peace. But how then do we arrive at inner peace? The negative emotions mentioned  are certainly obstacles in this quest. He then goes on to say that love, compassion and responsibility are the sources for happiness. But how then do we feel the love, compassion and responsibility if we hurt so bad inside? I find that the longer I write this blog, the more I am held accountable to live my words. Writing positive words can be done by anyone but living them on a daily basis is the true evaluation. There can be no love or compassion without truth. Hold yourself accountable, lay blame not on others, take responsibility, your truth will flourish and the hurt will heal. 
Therein lies my secret to inner peace. I guess one could call me the Dalai MaMa! Yes I like that, "The Dalai MaMa." Oh, just let me relish in it for a short while!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Gail Dixon said...

I am so behind on my blogs, trying desperately to catch up. Glad I waited until I have time to savor them. These are such wise words and so true. "Dalai MaMa"! Ha ha, love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...