Saturday, April 23, 2011

More On Water Lilies

More On Water Lilies
"These landscapes of water and reflections have become an obsession. It's quite beyond my powers at my age, and yet I want to succeed in expressing what I feel."~Claude Monet~
I know, I know, I know, there I go again with all that water lilly stuff and another Monet quote to boot. I expressed my fondness for water lilies in an earlier blog last week. I am intoxicated with their beauty. So intoxicated in fact, that I brought my daughter and grand-daughters back to the Naples Botanical Gardens to view them this week. This photo has one very lucky duck floating around, last weeks photo did not. Of all the ponds in Florida this chic little duck chose a lagoon with all the bling. Lucky ducks usually work very hard and their luck is not always left up to chance. 
My daughter was mesmerized by their beauty and loved the variety of color. Sophie, the nine year old was skipping, jumping and pointing with excitement, as only the freedom of childhood allows within the parameters of good behavior. Her enthusiasm contagious. My beautiful Hannah Rose, however, the pre-teen, pre-acne, pre-hormonal, post braces, twelve year old was welled up in tears. Princess, Pout-A-Lot, would be a great title for the ruler of her kingdom. My sweet baby, I declared you have a choice, to enjoy this beauty and make the best of it, or you can continue to be miserable for the rest of the stay. No one was going to rain on Grandma's parade. Ice cream and a cold drink seemed to change the temperature all the way around and a memorable day was had by all. Such a lucky grandma am I!

Suffering thru her journey, to be twelve again! Such a beautiful and lucky little duckling!




Pin It!

5 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

These water lilies are so beautiful they deserve 2 posts in one week. :) Glad you took your family to see them. Sounds like a great day was had by all, or at least ended up that way!

hootnonny said...

I'm lovin' your water lilies! Post one a day for me!
And about 12 year old PPAL-it gets worse before it gets better!

Bella Skye said...

Beautiful. Love the texture!

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Just beautiful! That could be a post card!

Unknown said...

Wow, gorgeous water lilies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...