Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hazy Hot & Humid!

East Beach, Westport, MA
East Beach, yes those are rocks!
Allen's Pond, view from East Beach
Gooseberry Neck Beach, over looking Buzzards Bay
Westport River,  Last Light
The summertime's famous three H's, forecast, Hazy, Hot and Humid, 95 degrees and climbing. The humidity was so heavy yesterday you could see it, cut it with a knife and eat it with a spoon. Every pore releasing fluid at a rapid rate with no relief in site anytime soon. Yes, we are in the dead heat of summer folks. 
These photos were taken last evening between 7:00 and 8:30 PM, within a two mile radius. The beaches were still crowded with people seeking relief, not everyone here has air conditioning. Boston reached a high of 103 and Providence recorded 101. Not much sympathy from my southern friends for sure, however, this is the northeast after all. 
I could not decide which photo to share with you today, so I chose five out of the one hundred and nine captured. Hazy, textures and filters provided by Mother Nature, herself. 
Try to have a wonderful cool day today, maybe I'll just stay inside!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Love your last sunset photo here. Hope you stay cool today.

Lisa Gordon said...

Uncomfortably hot here also :-(
What beautiful photographs these are!

Gail Dixon said...

Beautiful photos!! I don't know how our ancestors survived without air conditioning. My son and his girlfriend went to Six Flags this weekend and she almost passed out from heat stroke. And they were drinking plenty of water and gatorade. I'll take winter any day over this hellish weather. :)

hootnonny said...

The last two are my favs. The others are interesting...you saw rocks and I saw power lines.
I'm trying to be good...sure don't want to live forever in the (and I'm quoting LaBelle) "hellish weather!"

Sara said...

Great shots, I love the haze and colours. I actually really liked the power lines in the 2nd shot. It's like a repeating wonky pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...