Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Bold & The Beautiful

Stargazer Lily
"The lily family has traditionally represented innocence and purity. These motifs appeared as far back as ancient Greek and Roman civilizations and reappeared in biblical traditions. Stargazer lilies have come to be associated with these meanings, but they've taken on additional meanings as well. White stargazer lilies, in particular, have come to characterize a sense of purity and are often used as an expression of sympathy. The pink varieties are also considered symbolic of wealth and prosperity, as well as being a sign of aspiration."~google search~
I personally think the Stargazer Lily, the most beautiful of all lilies. They are bold yet beautiful, delicate yet strong, almost rubbery like to the touch. I have  never seen them in white, but can only imagine that they are equally as beautiful. Stargazers, also give off a very sweet perfume like aroma, a real show stopper no matter which one of your senses captures it first. 
I used a couple of artistic filters on this photo along with several textures, trying for a painterly effect. I have no set rules when it come to photo enhancement, I just play until I get a pleasing result. Try it, have some fun for yourself and have a wonderful day!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Reena said...

I really enjoy your work ... I'll have to do some experimenting also!

hootnonny said...

So pretty. I brought a stem of Stargazers from my daughter's yesterday and should be shooting them now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...