Saturday, May 28, 2011

Thoughts To Ponder!

Prescription For Success
"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
 ~
Ralph Waldo Emerson~

I love, love, love this quote! Let me say it one more time, "I love this quote"! Why do you love it so much, Rose? Let me Xplain, Lucy!!!
To laugh often and much: This is an easy one for me, I love to laugh, hang around people who make me laugh or at least try to! Forgiving myself for my mistakes can be amusing. Life is to darn short, worry takes up to much time and usually doesn't change a thing.
To win the respect of intelligent people: Try listening more, they have a lot to say and will respect the fact that you did! More importantly just be who you are, no pretense.
The affection of children: Easy one, just get on the floor and play a game with them, even if your knees hurt badly! All they need is time, not things.
To earn the appreciation of honest critics: It's all in how you say it! I feel that an honest critic will criticize, constructively. To demean a person's efforts holds no value!
To endure the betrayal of false friends: This can be very painful, we have all been there. This hurts more when there is no explanation, you have been written off their list and have no idea why! Consolation, lies in the fact that they own it!
To appreciate beauty: It is all around us, just take a mindful look and you will see! Mother Nature is a wonderful source!
To find the best in others: Not always easy, but try figuring out from whence they came and keep a dose of tolerance on hand! 
To leave the world a better place: I truly believe that anyone I ever knew personally, that has passed has left this world a better place and I have breathed easier because of them! My wish, to do the same! This be my recipe for success! Start mixing your own ingredients, add to Mr. Emerson's list, along with your own interpretation. I know you can! Quiz tomorrow!!!
Ironically my friend Judy and I came across this quote in a gift shop recently! I wish her a Happy Birthday today and just to let her know she makes me laugh all the time. She makes me a better person for knowing her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  Dear One! You will always be older than me!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING, YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME,DEAR FRIEND, I JUST LOVE THIS WONDERFUL ONE.,AND I AM PASSING IT ON TO THOSE I LOVE,AS THEY WILL SO APPRECIATE IT. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY., WARM HUGS, SADIE

Gail Dixon said...

Oh, how I've missed your blog and your wonderful quotes. Slowly but surely I am catching up. Hope you are well. Love the detail in that pale pink rose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...