Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cracker Jacks!

Orchids
This vase of orchids sits alone on top of our bedroom bureau. It is a bright coral color, against a lime green wall. Maybe a bit gaudy for some but it all works here in Florida, along with a brightly colored floral bedspread and curtains to match.
My full intention was to leave some color on the vase and a bit of color in the center of each flower. Maybe lighten up the lime green wall and add some lighter textures.

I never really know what each day will bring and what the finished project will look like! Kind of like Cracker Jacks, a surprise in every box! Maybe it just brings out the little kid in me? As you can see, my full intentions were mislead by some interesting textures that I had saved and never used before.

A bit somber in tone, it was a very good exercise in layering and the use of brushes and blending modes.
Somehow I just can't wait to see what tomorrow brings and what prize will be in the box!

Enjoy and have a great day and remember there is art everywhere just waiting to be noticed and captured, for even, just a brief moment!



Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...