Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Secret Passion!

Secret Garden
"Love is shown in your deeds, not in your words."~ Fr. Jerome Cummings~
I have known the house in the photo above almost my entire life. It is a few blocks from the grammar school that I attended as a small child. Groups of us use to walk by every Friday, for fish & chips at a nearby restaurant. Gosh I was so cosmopolitan at the age of probably nine, being allowed off the school yard, a very big deal! 
The house was always in dire need of repair, however, it's overall structure and architectural features, simply gorgeous. A friend purchased it about thirty five years ago and was quickly overcome by the restoration process and sold it to the current owners. Little by little this albatross has become one of the most beautiful homes in all the town. The siding has been replaced and the gingerbread trim restored to perfection. Such a feast for the eyes! 
Could not get the entire house into a photo as I had on the wrong lens but was able to capture the front side entrance giving you a hint of it's overall beauty. My imagination runs wild with the restoration that must have taken place inside as well. So tempted to knock on the door! I kind of remember the general layout and ornate wood work. Be still my heart, maybe in another life! There is so much love here I can just feel the energy. Oh, it also has a secret garden in the back yard, colorful perennials peek thru the gated arbor, intensifying my curiosity. Maybe just a little knock on the door??? Maybe I could sell Avon or something? My sister now lives a few house away, maybe I'll encourage her to make a new friend!

Pin It!

6 comments:

hootnonny said...

Terrific shot Rosemary. You did this old lady proud!
Was just telling my granddarlings yesterday how I walked home from school for lunch and recounted a fish lunch that involved a fish bone that stuck in my throat which was finally removed by a hushpuppy, and a fish boycott for the next ten years!

Lisa Gordon said...

What a beautiful photograph Rosemary!
I would love to see what's inside there also!! :-)
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Lynn Cohen said...

Lovely home...so much history...how wonderful that it's been restored. My old neighborhood is a mess and too sad to visit anymore. Not kept up at all. such a shame. Your photo is lovely too.
Thanks for all your comments on my blog of late as well. Nice to meet you! I will be back.

Nancy said...

Love seeing the old homes like this restored. It costs a pretty penny, but worth every one! :)

Gail Dixon said...

What a treasure. I would love to restore an old, forgotten house one day. From what I can see they did a fantastic job restoring it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home - the entrance is very inviting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...