Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eat Your Veggies!

Bountiful Gifts
"The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there."~George Bernard Shaw~
Great quote George, but I have to wonder if HE were to invent vegetables in this day and age, what would they look like? 

Can you only imagine french fries growing in the soil? How about onions blooming in a heavy batter, right out of the ground ready to eat. Broccoli, covered in a heavy cheese sauce, dripping on the soil. Disgusting thoughts, but such a reality. 
Bountiful gifts, all right there for us to enjoy. If I only had a salad bar in my home I would consume a whole lot more of them. I might even become a vegetarian. Well maybe not! 
This photo was taken at North Star Farm, such a glorious place to visit. Eye candy provided by Mother Nature, Herself in conjunction with the Master Gardener, Himself! 
Eat right, eat healthy! Now I must follow my own advice. Who has the best salad bar in town? If I had only planted that garden this year!
Have a wonderful day!   

Pin It!

8 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Your camera and your eye do an amazing job. I can feel the dirt still on those beets. Wow.

Nancy said...

Those look delicious, Rosemary. I think I could eat more salad too -- just wish the ingredients would stay fresh longer. :) Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

Gail Dixon said...

I love fresh fruit and veggies. A wonderful reminder that we should eat more of what comes out of the ground and stop making it swim in cheese and butter! Amen. :)

Unknown said...

I eat veggies almost daily. If i'm alone home I always make a good salad with many ingredients and maybe with potatoes or noodles. I have to say broccoli, covered in heavy cheese sauce sounds really disgusting never tasted it:)

hootnonny said...

The colors are so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bounty! We grew tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers, but the excessive heat did not make it easy.

Charlotte Wilson said...

They look almost as pretty as a bouquet of flowers.

Sara said...

These are gorgeous, as pretty as flowers, love the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...