Saturday, May 6, 2017

CHIX!

CHIX!

A sincere Thank You goes out to Mary Buchman for commissioning me to capture her spirited group of ladies. These talented ladies sing in a quartet known as CHIX! CHIX! is part of a much larger group known as Sweet Adelines. 
"Sweet Adelines is a highly respected worldwide organization of women singers committed to advancing the musical art form of barbershop quartet harmony through education, competition, and performance. This independent, nonprofit music education association is one of the world's largest singing organizations for women." (quoted text is taken from their website)

As luck would have it there was a practice session going on at Mary's house the following day. I was invited to hear the ladies sing and get to know them a little. Photos were also allowed. My friend Judy and I attended. Mary's pups greeted us with doggie enthusiasm and deemed us friendly. Thankfully after a couple of sniffs below the knees! We could feel the energy in the room immediately. Mary's dad who was recuperating at the time joined us as well.
Their voices harmonized and the angels sang. I was moved to tears when they sang Hallelujah!

From left to right I learned that Louise is the most flamboyant. She loves color, plays the accordion and wears crazy hats. She claims I captured her necklace and rehearsal shoes perfectly. We are not sure how that happened. I guess we are just kindred spirits at heart. Call it intuitive! She is a riot!
Second, is Barb who raises orchids and also breeds Papillon dogs. Two of the group owns pups from one of her dog's litters! Mary owns two. Barb was amazing and shared some interesting facts about their group and copyright laws on music and her pups. Barb is so full of enviable energy. I wish I could bottle it!
Thirdly, we have Cathy. I was told that Cathy would be most likely to wear my signature peace symbol. Each of my paintings has one somewhere. A twinkle in her eye gave her highly spirited personality away. Our hippie souls connected! She is the shortest in stature, however, the deepest in voice. She owns a green parrot who sometimes harmonizes with the group during practice in her home.
Fourth, we have very sweet Mary. Mary is an avid golfer here in the community where we live. Mary loves to cook. She has a chef's hat hanging in her beautiful new kitchen. She owns two Papillon dogs. Mary is also caring for her elderly dad. I learned that purple is one of her favorite colors.

Armed with all the visuals and some insight into their love of life I was enthusiastic and able to implement my ideas. With a little bit of math for the layout and some research on Papillon dogs and green parrots, I was ready.

This painting has brought me such joy and has added another chapter to the story of my creative journey. 
Thank You, Mary Buchman, for enjoying my work and helping me to share it and make others happy as well!


Pin It!

2 comments:

BullsEye said...

Thank you, Rosemary, for your creative work that wows CHIX members and all our Spirit sisters. This is the greatest gifts I've ever received in my life.
Louise

Rosemary Aubut said...

You are so welcome Louise‼️ It is my pleasure to use my art and make people happy❣️ You are a sweetheart❣️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...