Monday, November 8, 2010

Hydrangeas my favorite flower of all!

                                Hydrangeas click on photo for larger view

How do I begin to describe the fondness I have for these beautiful flowers. Up North, I grew 5 different varieties. Each gave me a great deal of satisfaction, however my favorite were the Nikko Blues. They began to bloom late June and gave color all the way thru early November, barring any early freezes.
As the temperatures dropped their colors would change into the most beautiful shades of lime greens, purples, blues and pinks. Fall was the best time to harvest and dry these treasures. I was able to enjoy them all thru the winter months.
Their texture and delicacy are captured in the photo above.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...