Friday, January 21, 2011

Sunshine!



Sunshine
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. ~Louisa May Alcott~

Look mom I have bokeh! No, no, no, it's not a rash or an ethnic dance! The more I learn about photography the more I realize I don't know.
Wikipedia defines it as: photography, bokeh (pronounced /boke/) is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light." Differences in lens aberrations and aperture shape cause some lens designs to blur the image in a way that is pleasing to the eye, while others produce blurring that is unpleasant or distracting—"good" and "bad" bokeh, respectively. Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field. Photographers sometimes deliberately use a shallow focus technique to create images with prominent out-of-focus regions.


Another words it's the way I use to see before my lasik eye surgery! Now I did not waste my money, this technique is a very beautiful when done properly.
Rummaging thru my photos I found the above picture with the bokeh effect. Taken quite accidently. Notice how the foreground is sharp and in focus and the background a blur. I wish to create more images like this and will be working towards that goal! Hope you enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...